Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Start Date: Immediately
We’re on a mission to elevate the careers and livelihoods of millions of blue collar professionals, artisans, and other informal workers through the use of technology. Join us.
You consider yourself an idea person but have deep technical experience and a strong understanding of how different aspects of a tech system interact. You are meticulous about details and it drives you crazy when user interfaces are not perfect. You are a good communicator, enjoy beautiful, highly usable interfaces and removing every last bit of friction from them. In order to do that you measure and analyze all user interactions.
You’ll be responsible for:
- Owning core Lynk products from a customer perspective
- Delighting and surprising customers
- Communicating with the relevant stake holders in order to adapt the product vision
- Serving as a bridge between business and engineering teams
- Maximizing the amount of work not done by engineers by
- Writing clear and concise user stories
- Making sure everyone is on the same page on where our products move next
- Doing release planning, measuring “velocity” of the team and identifying bottle necks
- Celebrating achievements
Successful candidates will have all or most of these qualifications:
- Show us why they are suited for this position, rather than just tell us
- Fluent English
- A bit of coding experience
- Excellent communicators
- Knowledge of agile methodologies and familiarity with Kanban and Scrum
- Able to fit into a fun and outgoing work environment
- At least 2 years of relevant work experience and a degree in computer science or related field
More about us:
At Lynk we make it easier for households and businesses to connect with high quality professionals. Currently we have verified professionals in over 140 categories ranging from cleaners, to masseuses, to plumbers, and tailors. Through the use of technology we unlock important career tools such as digital profiles, product galleries, customer reviews, and more.
As a company, we’re a tight-knit and highly-collaborative team of developers, hustlers, planners, and doers. We provide the freedom and tools necessary for people to be comfortable and successful in their work and in return expect high performance and a culture of excellence. We value ambition, curiosity, candor and most of all an uncontrollable desire to create amazing things.
To Apply: Please send your application and relevant supporting materials to firstname.lastname@example.org